Become the center of the attention.
Have you ever considered, while on a night out, giving a blast on the harmonica? Perhaps one evening down your local drinking hole you see a sign for karaoke or there’s a local band playing. We know you’ve often considered this choice and have even thrown caution to the wind. If you haven’t – step up to the microphone to have a go!
Here are some pointers on how to approach performing on the harmonica in a karaoke style. Enjoy.
- Find a song you like to hear that is in a suitable genre. It is very important to get this choice right and make it something that has some real passion behind it so you can enjoy yourself.
- Rehearsal is key, do you intend to do it alone, or will you have a singer with you? IF you have a singer then make sure your partnership is tested before the big night.
- Find out which key the song is in.
- Have a selection of harmonicas available to use on the night. That way you’ll be able to get the best sound.
- Have fun and the audience will too.
Check Mr Hewlett and Mr Prowse out.
Ben and Phil had a go and fortunately got it on tape for our viewing and listening pleasure! Here you go, click and enjoy.